view original / Air Force Times / 30 Jan 14
The one-star general who was in charge of the Air Force Special Operations Air Warfare Center was relieved of command earlier this month due to “loss of trust and confidence in his leadership,” according to Air Force Special Operations Command.
Brig. Gen. Jon Weeks was relieved on Jan. 9, an AFOSC news release says. He is currently serving as the mobilization assistant to the AFSOC director of operations.
AFSOC commander Lt. Gen. Eric Fiel decided to relieve Weeks based on “preliminary information from an ongoing Inspector General investigation into an alleged inappropriate personal relationship involving Weeks,” an AFSOC news release says.
An AFSOC spokeswoman said no further information was available on why Weeks was relieved of command because the inspector general’s office investigation is ongoing.
Weeks became the center’s commander in February 2013 and was promoted to brigadier general in June 2012.
“This was not an easy decision, but I believe it is in the best interest of the men and women of AFSOAWC,” Fiel said in the Jan. 9 news release. “AFSOAWC will continue to train and equip our Air Commandos to effectively conduct special operations missions around the globe.”
Col. Royce Lott, the center’s vice commander, will serve as interim commander until Col. David Tabor takes over in the spring.
Located at Hurlburt Field, Fla., the center’s mission is to train, educate and equip special operations airmen to carry out their missions. It also develops doctrine as well as tactics, techniques and procedures for Air Force special operators.